With so much talk about Tweakments at the moment, the light aesthetic changes we can make to look our absolute best as we age, it never fails to fascinate me that such conversations are so frequently held without any reference to the nutrients we can take to help ensure the very cells within our bodies remain as naturally youthful and strong as possible in the first place - before we launch into adding the aesthetic needles!
Cellution tends to be one of the unsung heroes in the Strong Nutrients range. Unlike the Casein Protein and Creatine which loudly cry strength and stamina, or indeed Amino Slim, which quite frankly, says it all in the name, Cellution is just that little more subtle.
As reflected in the name, Cellution helps support health and strength at a cellular level. I personally use it to keep my immune system strong and find it helps greatly in helping to prevent colds, flu, bugs & seasonal allergies. And I find if I do get them, I tend to throw them off much more quickly. At least, that’s my experience of it.
That said Cellution packs so much more of a punch than mere looks and immunity…
Each capsule contains 14 key nutrients all of which are antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory benefits.
Antioxidants help to protect the body from free radicals, unstable oxygen molecules, that if left unchecked can cause premature aging and chronic disease. In short, they are scavengers that attack our bodies’ healthy cells. Antioxidants help to prevent damage to DNA and to protect the cell structures.
- Beta carotene: this is a carotenoid and is what you get in carrots. Renowned for both eye and skin health, is also great for the immune system. Beta-Carotene ultimately helps to protect mucus membranes, which means the lining of the eyes, mouth, nose, throat, lungs and skin; i.e. everything that’s between you and the outside world! Above all, beta carotene protects us from free radical damage. In addition it also helps with collagen production, helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles as well as found to help prevent hair thinning.
- Alpha carotene: another carotenoid, considered by some to be even more potent than Beta carotene. A very potent antioxidant that helps to protect from cancer and heart disease.
- Green tea extract: often used by athletes to support exercise recovery as well as weight loss. Green tea extract helps with blood sugar regulation. Elevated blood sugar levels can result in the body releasing insulin. Too much insulin release too often, can lead to weight around the middle, insulin resistance, and ultimately Type 2 diabetes. In short, any nutrient that helps regulate blood sugar levels will help prevent all of the above. In addition Green tea extract is also good for the skin, liver and even for brain health.
- Vitamin C is one we all know! It’s great for your immune system and for the repair and development of all the body’s tissues, including collagen. It is the ultimate “tweakment” nutrient. However what most don’t realise is that Vitamin C helps with memory and with thinking as we get older. In fact, low levels of Vitamin C have been linked with impaired ability to think and remember effectively. Dementia patients have often been found to have low blood levels of Vitamin C.
In addition, Vitamin C can also help to manage high blood pressure and it may help to lower the risk of heart disease.
- Grape seed extract is a really good source of proanthocyanidins, a very beneficial group of plant flavonoids. Grape seed extract has been shown to have protective benefits to your heart and entire cardiovascular system. It promotes wound healing, reducing inflammation and aiding circulation.
Never underestimate the importance of healthy circulation. There’s a lot of talk generally about probiotics and the need to get nutrients from of our food, as well as “detox” plans to help our bodies eliminate toxins. Once you have the nutrients out of your food, you are dependent upon your blood flow to get those nutrients to where they are needed most, into all of your cells throughout your entire body. In addition you need this same circulatory system to eliminate all the toxins that will build from the various processes occurring within these cells and get them out of your body. In short, good circulation is imperative for good health; Grape seed extract really gets the bloody flowing, from the legs right up through to the heart.
In addition Grape seed extract seems to reduce blood pressure, and is yet another nutrient to help your collagen. With so many now taking collagen as a supplement, it’s so worth considering these basic nutrients to protect and promote our own! Grape seed extract also promotes bone health and is another nutrient within Cellution that’s great for brain health too.
- Citrus bioflavonoids: are often found in Vitamin C complexes. Yet another great antioxidant, citrus bioflavonoids help to regulate metabolic processes, including helping to regulate blood sugar levels which as mentioned already, can help prevent insulin resistance and the prevention of Type 2 diabetes. Again like almost all of the Cellution ingredients, Citrus bioflavonoids also help to prevent inflammation.
- Vitamin E: one of my favourites because it’s so good for circulation. Vitamin E is also brilliant for supporting a healthy heart, eyes, skin as well as your immunity. It is also a key nutrient in supporting fertility. And finally, Vitamin E also supports brain health.
- Turmeric has become so popular, it almost doesn’t need an introduction. It fights free radical damage, helps to prevent inflammation (which in turn helps with joint pain). In addition turmeric is great for gut health and apparently, it helps with mood - perhaps because we’re absorbing even more of the nutrients!
- L-cysteine: Another personal favourite of mine, great for immunity and also essential to produce one of the most important antioxidants - glutathione, which in turn helps with the detoxification of the liver and the kidneys and is hugely supportive of lung and respiratory health, specifically the bronchial tubes and lung tissue. L-cysteine also helps to boost brain health, regulating a very important neurotransmitter called glutamate and may improve fertility, in both men and women.
- Zinc is terrific for the immune system and is also involved in so much more! From heightening taste and sense of smell to helping with blood clotting and accelerating wound healing. Zinc may help to protect us against age-related macular degeneration, so essential for eye health.
- Quercetin: An interesting one! A common challenge that I have noticed that occurs with many of my clients as they move into their 40’s and beyond: they develop varying degrees of histamine-intolerance. In short, they find they have more reactions and allergies to foods that they were perfectly tolerant to up until that point! Quercetin helps to stabilise the cells that release histamine as well as helps to reduce swelling, in short it is a natural anti-histamine and a natural anti-inflammatory. In addition, it’s another ingredient that helps to regulate blood sugar levels and as all good antioxidants, helps to protect us against heart disease and cancer.
- Manganese: another powerful little antioxidant that’s interestingly essential for bone health.
- Lycopene: Another carotenoid Lycopene gives tomatoes their beautiful colour and another antioxidant that will protect against heart disease and certain types of cancer, particularly prostate cancer. Lycopene is also involved in bone health and is yet another antioxidant that supports healthy blood sugar levels, in turn helping with insulin resistance and a reduction in fat around the belly. In addition, lycopene helps to reduce blood pressure and may help with cholesterol.
- Selenium: another one of my favourites, it helps with the absorption & utilisation of Vitamin E. Selenium is naturally found in our soil, but is particularly low in Ireland and the UK. Selenium can make a vital difference to hearth health and is yet another ingredient that seems to reduce the risk of prostate cancer. It has also been found to help delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease, so is great for brain health, as well as yet another ingredient that acts as your natural tweakment as great for skin health too.
So there you are: 14 powerful little nutrients in one capsule. Cellution works on your strength not just from the inside out, but at a cellular level. Helping to prevent free radical damage and protect against so many age-related chronic illnesses, from heart disease to cancer, insulin resistance to type 2 diabetes. It’s great for your skin and eyes as well as circulation and overall cardiovascular health. And finally, a great support to your lungs and immunity in general. Please note, we never recommend taking supplements over eating and living well, and equally they are never to be seen as a replacement for medications. If on medication, please do speak with your healthcare professional before adding in anything new.
We simply like to think of Cellution as the solution to supporting you in your quest for true strength, starting within each and every cell!
Zana Morris, Founder